Reports to and takes direction from: Property Manager
Hours: 15 Hours/week average
Employment Status: Hourly
Role/Description: To provide a clean environment for all who enter Excelsior UMC.
- 15 hours per week, up to 20 hours for special events with approval.
- Communicate with and take direction from Office Administrator.
- Clean all rooms of the church per routine schedule.
- Vacuum carpets.
- Mop tile floors.
- Clean restrooms - toilets, sinks, mirrors, etc.
- Fill consumables - soap, towels, toilet paper, etc.
- Empty trash, recyclables, and organic wastes.
- Ensure tidiness of Sanctuary - arrange chairs, remove trash, etc.
- Minor maintenance tasks, as needed - change light bulbs, replace EXIT battery, etc.
- Maintain inventory of cleaning supplies.
Additional Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Support additional needs as identified by Office Administrator, Trustees or Pastor.
- Communicate unfinished tasks, supplies needed, challenges, key observations, etc..
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Previous Custodial experience.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Able to lift 35 pounds.
- Able to work some weekends for special events.
Additional Scheduling Requirements:
- Scheduling can be somewhat flexible and worked out with Office Administrator.
Resume sent to: Excelsior UMC, 881 3rd Ave, Excelsior, MN 55331
Employment contingent upon successful completion of background check.